Starlike Quilt is a modern quilt pattern which plays with colors and negative space to create a unique quilt. This pattern was published in Make Modern Magazine, and it has just been accepted for QuiltCon 2021.
The inspiration of the Starlike design comes from Catalina's love for math and geometry, using the triangle shape, but not in common way. This quilt has so many color options and possibilities of playing with light and dark.
2 techniques: traditional piecing with templates or Foundation Paper Piecing.
Skill level: Intermediate.
- 5 sizes: Pillow, Baby, Throw (the original one), Twin and Queen,
- 4 different colors layouts for inspiration (5 in QuilyInk, because it include the freestyle option).
- Fabric requirements and cutting instructions for the concentric layout, with 5 background fabrics and the 5 sizes.
- Foundation paper piecing templates for those who prefer this technique, along with the templates for traditional piecing.
- A customizing page with the coloring diagram (which for sure you won’t use…. keep reading!!), and a table where you can write down the number of pieces you need for every color/fabric you chose.
You can get inspired by the hashtag #starlikequilt. And please share your creations with this pattern, we will be very happy to see all them!
**This is a downloadable PDF, being instantly delivered to your email after your purchase is complete.
Your download will only be available for a limited amount of time, please remember to save it on your computer instead of a phone.
Pattern is for one person use only. Do not copy, redistribute or sell. For any quilts you make with the pattern, please credit the designer.
"I am Catalina from Spain, an enthusiast of crafting who has found in the fabrics and threads the best way to express her creativity.
From very young I grew up among the sewing machine, needles, fabrics, threads, metric tapes,... of my grandmother, a professional dressmaker. I studied Economics and entered public administration. I also do music studies and give classes. Even so, the desire to create has been there all my life. After having my two children, I bought a sewing machine to get into the world of sewing and a few years later I have decided to make a radical change in my life and create Amarar Creations. So, currently, I am an autonomous entrepreneur who tries to make of her passion her work. At the beginning of my sewing path, I started experimenting with different materials and creating an assortment of accessories like belts, bags, pillows, curtains, etc. However, when I discovered the world of quilting I instantly felt in love with it and I started sewing quilts and experimenting with different techniques, specially Foundation Paper Piecing. As I always loved making my original designs I started to create my own patterns and now it has become an important part of my business."